Are you ready to book?
If you are able, please Book Online, otherwise call us on 01962 670067 to book.
Please ensure you have to hand:
- Your driving licence
- Your National Insurance Number
- Your credit or debit card
What you need to do once you have booked
You will be required to complete an insurance declaration and submit your documents online. There will be a link at the top of your confirmation email, which you should use to complete the declaration and upload your documents, as soon as possible.
If while completing your insurance declaration online, there were some documents you were unable to provide, you should submit these documents to us by replying to our confirmation email. This must be done no later than 4pm the working day before your hire.
NB: If you are sending photographs, please ensure you send them as 'large' or 'actual size' files.
By providing your documentation in advance, you will help make your visit to collect your vehicle as streamlined as possible. Please be aware, you will still be required to provide your photocard driving licence or another photo ID on collection of the vehicle.
Your second form of ID
You should submit a copy of a document from the list below, it must be the full front page which must show the drivers name and address.
Alongside your driving licence we require one additional identification document which is dated within the 90 days before your hire commences. Acceptable forms of identification are:
- Utility Bill. - Not Mobile Phone.
- Bank Statement.
- Credit Card Statement.
- Building Society Statement.
Internet printed documents or screenshots are acceptable providing they show the name, address, date, and account details.
Only documents listed above will be accepted.
Remember: If you are sending photographs, please ensure you send them as 'large' or 'actual size' files.
What should you do if you are unable to email your documents?
At the moment, due to the coronavirus outbreak, we are only accepting your documents in advance, by email. We cannot accept any documentation in person. If you are unable to email your documents to us you should contact us, by calling 01962 670067.
What else should you do before you come to collect your vehicle?
- Read our 'Guide to Having a Smooth Journey'.
- Check your confirmation email for your scheduled collection time. If you arrive early, you might have to wait.
- Drive away happy.
If you have a little more time, we thoroughly recommend that you read our 'Guide to how we use your Personal Data', and our 'Rental Agreement Terms & Conditions', to fully understand your obligations.
If You Need to Cancel After Booking
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice of cancellation if required. This must be done through our online cancellation form. Cancellations after this will be charged at 100% of the total hire charge.
A Driving Licence 'Check Code' - Do you need one?
We are normally able to validate your driving licence on your behalf, but there are some situations where this may not be possible, and we might ask you to generate a 'Check Code'.
On 8 June 2015, the photocard paper counterpart stopped being a legal document and the DVLA also stopped updating any old style paper licences.
For further information on the driving licence changes please click here.
If requested, you need to follow this procedure to generate a 'Check Code', without it you will be unable to hire a vehicle.
- Please visit View Driving Licence online and login using the required details.
- Once logged in, using the top navigation, go to 'Share Your Licence information'.
- Click 'Get Check Code'.
- Click 'View, Print or Save your licence information'.
- You should then save this page and email it to us.
- If you are unable to save it, you should copy the 'Check Code' and email it to us instead. - Be careful, it is case sensitive and can only be used once.
- If you have any problems in generating a code, you should call the DVLA on 0300 083 0013 (Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm) for further assistance.
- This procedure may be required for both photo card driving licences as well as paper driving licences issued before 1998 if we are unable to validate your driving licence.
If you have any further questions regarding the driving licence changes from 2015, or 'Check Codes', please visit our dedicated driving licence changes page for further information.