What you should do if you are involved in an accident or incident in a hire vehicle
Please follow ALL of the steps below - You must follow this procedure to comply with the terms of your insurance.
DO NOT ADMIT LIABILITY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
Step 1 - At the scene of the accident
Obtain and record the following information:
- Date and Time
- Third party vehicle make, model, registration & colour
- Name and address of third party vehicle owner & third party driver
- Telephone number of third party (landline & mobile)
- Number of passengers in third party vehicle
- Third party insurance company and policy number, if available
- Nature of damage to vehicles involved
- Names and addresses of any independent witnesses
Step 2 - At the scene of the accident
- Take photographs using your mobile phone of the following:
- Position of Hire Vehicle
- Position of Third Party Vehicles
- Road, Signeage & Surrounding Area
- Site Overview
- Damage to Hire Vehicle
- Damage to Third Party Vehicles
- Or if you are unable to take photographs;
- Make a sketch of the scene, including: roads, markings, vehicles, and signs.
Step 3 - At the scene of the accident.
Give the third party the following information:
- Your details, name & address
- The vehicle registration number
- Your rental agreement number
- Our contact details:
- Telephone number: 01962 674 876
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4 - Immediately after the accident
Inform the rental location by calling our 24/7 emergency line on 01962 674 876.
Step 5 - As soon as possible, but within 48 hours of your accident.
- Complete and return an accident form, the easiest way to do this is through our online notification form.
- If you are unable to complete the online notification form, please download and complete a paper copy.
- Email the photographs taken at the scene to email@example.com
- Get all passengers in your vehicle to download, complete and return a witness form.
- You can obtain one of the paper forms from the rental location, or download and print them from: